Wednesday 30 March 2011

Letter from a lovelorn swain

My dearest Marcy,
I miss you more and more with each passing day. I know your work is important to you and I would never ask you to stop, just know that you are always in my heart.
I remember the times we picnicked in the park. We would feed bread crumbs to the hobos there. I remember the looks on their desperately starved faces. How amusing it was. You looked so beautiful amid their squawking. The sun shone down on your hair, making it glow all the more.
Sitting here, at my desk, the lamp glowing dimly in the dark, all I can do is think of you and the time that you introduced me to your family. Your father threatened me with a knife. He made me promise never to hurt his favourite daughter. Of course I promised. How could I not? I would never do anything that would harm our love.
Our love is special. It burns like an incandescence in the dark. Never will it be lost. At times I feel like singing out to the world of our wonderful love. I want to tell them that they'll never have a love like ours. Their lives are all the poorer for not having found their soul mates.
I should leave you now, my love. I know you have many more children to vaccinate against Small Pox down there in North America.
I hope to hear from you soon. And I hope that my last twenty letters have reached you. I know the postal system can be a bit inefficient in those isolated countries.

Love Always,
Your Googly-Bear





No comments:

Post a Comment